Please view my LinkedIn profile or my resume below. You can also download my resume.
Instructional Designer, Web Designer, Web Developer
Accomplished, results-oriented professional experienced in the management of web content and web development projects. Proven ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to create online resources designed to achieve organizational goals. Strong technical skills, gaining extensive experience directing the planning and development of online design initiatives. Thorough knowledge within the educational and online learning sector, earning a Master of Education in E-Learning and Teaching Online, a Master of Library and Information Science, and completing a Master of Education in Instructional Design in December 2020. Licensed Teacher in Instructional Technology and Library for all levels of education.
Northrop Grumman Information Systems – Atlanta, GA September 2007 to Present
Web Developer / Designer (2012 – Present)
- Directs web development for the chronic disease sections of the School Health Branch Healthy Schools website.
- Directs web development for the chronic disease sections of the School Health Branch Body and Mind (BAM!) website.
- Serves as the point-of-contact for Omniture SiteCatalyst Web Analytics, managing the development of analytical reports, responding to inquiries, and advising on the establishment of web analytics for social media, widget, and email campaign programs.
- Spearheads content development for four Workplace Health websites, including the National Healthy Worksite Program, Workplace Health Promotion, Work @ Health Program, and Worksite Health ScoreCard.
- Evaluates and resolves 508 compliance issues by generating Accenture reports; tags PDFs for 508 compliance.
- Facilitated access and presentation of vital information for healthcare providers, resulting in improved patient education and communication, by converting the U.S. Selected Practice
Recommendations for Contraceptive Use from a .pdf document to an eBook (http://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/UnintendedPregnancy/eBook.html)
Web Developer / SharePoint Administrator (2007 – 2012)
- Led content generation initiatives for the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) website.
- Directed the execution of a usability study at the 2008 BRFSS Conference in Orlando, conducting user interviews to compile findings and generate expert analyses; employed changes to website and applications based on study results.
- Communicated website updates and survey data to over 30,000 subscribers through Gov Delivery CDC email.
- Managed various aspects of BRFSS conferences from 2008 through 2011 and the 2012 BRFSS Annual Meeting, including the development of conference websites.
- Integrated Data and Statistics features within the BRFSS website in collaboration with CDC.gov Features Group.
- Contributed to the design and development processes for the first Web Pilot Survey project, advising on vendor selection and application testing and review.
- Led initial project and further enhancement projects from 2009 through 2012, streamlining the submission process for presenters by enabling electronic transmission of the BRFSS Conference Abstract Submission application.
- Developed two SharePoint Workspaces, enabling secure exchange of H1N1 Influenza Illness and Vaccine data among research groups.
US Coast Guard Reserve – Charleston, SC July 2004 to July 2010
- Responsible for Coast Guard Reserve human resources management for unit personnel on drill weekends.
- Completed two week Reserve Enlisted Basic Indoctrination (REBI) training in Cape May, NJ (August 2004).
- Completed two week Leadership Management School in Charleston, SC (January 2009).
- Transferred to USCG from Army Reserve in July 2004 after serving in the Army Reserve from 1989-1997 and then again from July 2003 through July 2004. Original occupational specialty in the USAR was an Optometry Medic.
Web Content Manager
NAI Personnel – Atlanta, GA January 2007 to September 2007
- Conceptualized strategic presentation of CDC Intranet content for inclusion on the CDC public website by evaluating intended audience, researching information, and developing content prior to website release.
- Provided editing and revision services for projects, site launches, and content updates.
- Represented the Office of Enterprise Communication as a member of the Content Managers’ Working group.
Web Developer / Electronic Resources Librarian / Consultant
Information International Associates, Inc. – Reston, VA September 2005 to March 2007
- Managed content, facilitated acquisitions, and developed collections of electronic resources.
- Designed web content, created metadata, and executed searches for new datasets and information resources.
- Initiated improvements to current information systems by researching various technology solutions.
- Spearheaded a project to determine a software solution to minimize manual cataloging in the creation of NBII catalog records of web resources; ideated a solution presented to NBII comprised of content harvesting, web crawling, text parsing, and metadata extraction and creation capabilities.
Membership Services Specialist
Special Libraries Association – Alexandria, VA July 2004 to September 2005
- Fielded all membership inquiries and requests as the direct point-of-contact for over 12,000 information professionals.
- Created and implemented membership marketing campaigns and generated membership reports.
- Served as the staff liaison to all faculty advisors and student groups as an active member of the Student Academic Relations Committee and the Scholarship Committee.
Web Reservations Specialist
GE Capital (Sun Microystems Remanufactured Products Group) – Westborough, MA March 2001 to September 2002
- Responsible for updating availability, pricing, and descriptions of all Sun remanufactured products on the web reservation system (Oracle database).
- Entered all new product introductions, price changes, and product EOL’s into Sun’s internal Marketing Part Number System of Record.
- Posted Sun MicroSystems remanufactured product auctions on Ebay.
- Developed all auction ads, pricing and auction schedules.
US Army Reserve – Atlanta, GA October 1989 to October 1997
Master of Education in Instructional Design and Instructional and Learning Design Graduate Certificate
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS BOSTON – Boston, MA 2019 to (Expected December 2020)
Master of Education in E-Learning & Teaching Online
NORTHCENTRAL UNIVERSITY – Prescott Valley, AZ 2007 to 2012
Master of Library & Information Science in Library And Information Science
UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH – Pittsburgh, PA 2003 to 2005
Certificate in Web Design & Development
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS LOWELL – Lowell, MA 2001 to 2002
Certificate in Web Development
FITCHBURG STATE UNIVERSITY – Fitchburg, MA 2000 to 2002
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
MERCER UNIVERSITY – Macon, GA 1991 to 1996
Tableau (1 year), Adobe Analytics (9 years), Web Content Management (10+ years), Web Development (10+ years), Adobe CS (9 years), Section 508 (9 years), HTML (10+ years), CSS (10+ years), E- Learning (10+ years), Web Design (10+ years), Website (10+ years), WordPress (5 years), Photoshop (10+ years)
Data Visualization with Tableau Project by University of California, Davis on Coursera
October 2017 to Present – License 53EWXXK8RMCE
Data Visualization with Tableau Specialization by University of California, Davis on Coursera
October 2017 to Present – License QYNNF8TL42VG
Tableau 9 Advanced Training: Master Tableau for Data Science on Udemy
September 2017 to Present – License UC-JBHSOH3B
Creating Dashboards and Storytelling with Tableau by University of California, Davis on Coursera.
May 2017 to Present – License 77QGJNPZGK9Q
Visual Analytics with Tableau by University of California, Davis on Coursera
April 2017 to Present – License N9DQ2VNLX9C2
Essential Design Principles for Tableau by University of California, Davis on Coursera
March 2017 to Present License UBYUVCSWE59C
Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau by University of California, Davis on Coursera
February 2017 to Present – License SCNS8GK5AYJQ
Tableau 9 For Data Science: REAL-Life Data Science Exercises on Udemy
January 2017 to Present – License UC-0T5GZ4UE
Massachusetts Educator License: Instructional Technology (All Levels), Library (All Levels)
2012 to Present – License 460103